Become a Member
Membership classes are held periodically throughout the year. Completion of this series of classes is required for church membership. Upon completion of the course, candidates meet with a committee of Elders in order to give testimony to their faith in Christ. This is a wonderful time of celebrating how the Lord has worked in our lives!
The membership process is completed with the affirmation of our membership vows, which are listed below:
- Do you acknowledge yourself to be a sinner in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure and without hope except in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and the Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the church, its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit to the government and the discipline of the church and promise to pursue its purity and peace?
We believe there is real opportunity for new life, spiritual growth and Christian service at Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Marshall. If you would like to become a member, or if you would like to further discuss any aspect of our church´s faith, life and ministry, please either call the church office, 903.935.7898, indicate your desire on a visitor´s card found in the chair back and place the card you have filled out in the offering plate during the worship service or email the Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not know what it means to trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior and serve him as your Lord in the fellowship of the church, we shall be happy to talk with you about it. Please call or e-mail so we can be of help.
Come Worship with us!
Our nursery is located just to the right as you enter the front doors, for ages 4 and under.
Sunday School — 9:30 A.M.
Worship Service — 10:45 A.M.